The combination of learning outcomes that comprise this qualification will provide the qualifying learner with vocational knowledge and skills appropriate to the context of production technology. This qualification provides learners with the range of learning and skills required to be able to perform a series of activities to support manufacturing, engineering and technology processes. Learners will acquire a range of skills in the identification of production parameters in manufacturing, engineering and technology industries and basic strategies to achieve them.
- Mathematical Literacy
- Logistics and Planning
- Operations Optimisation
- Project Management
- Safe Manufacturing and assembly specialization
- Working with People
- Workplace Fundamentals
The qualifying learner will be able to:
- Measure, control and improve factors influencing production. Range: Factors include not limited to MRP, Just in Time (JIT), logistics, supply chains, value chains, labour, materials, capacity planning, maintenance, scheduling and planning, ergonomics, capability studies, work study techniques, statistical process control, reliability studies.
- Contribute to budgeting processes in an operational unit to optimise resources.
- Solve operational problems in a production process.
- Promote, implement and maintain procedures that support quality assurance and control.
You will require the following to complete this course.
- Stable Internet Connection
- Printer and Scanner
- Minimum of 3 hours per week for studying
- A quiet place where you can study
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Mathematical literacy NQF Level 3.
- Apply the fundamental concepts, theories and techniques of production systems, NQF Level 3.
- Apply the fundamental concepts relating to production planning, scheduling and control, NQF Level 3.
- Apply quality control and quality assurance practices for efficient and effective production processes, NQF Level 3.
- Production Manager