The purpose of the qualification is to build the knowledge and skills required by learners in End User Computing. It is intended to empower learners to acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to operate confidently in the End User Computing environment in the South African community and to respond to the challenges of the economic environment.
The qualification addresses the need in the workplace for nationally recognised qualifications, based on unit standards, which will allow learners with workplace experience in End User Computing to obtain recognition for prior learning.
The qualification provides a framework for learners to develop skills that will enable them to become competent in End User Computing. It introduces theoretical concepts of End User Computing and requires the application thereof, to develop a range of skills that will enable learners to be better-informed workers in their chosen industry. It provides a balanced learning experience that lays the foundation for access to further education, life long learning and to productive employment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of applying Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based Word Processing Application skills in the Workplace.
- Demonstrate an understanding of applying Graphical User Interface (GUI)-based Presentation Application skills in the Workplace
- Demonstrate an understanding of applying GUI-based Spreadsheet Application skills in the Workplace.
- Demonstrate an understanding of applying GUI-based Electronic Mail Application skills in the Workplace.
- Demonstrate an understanding of applying GUI-based Web Browser Application skills in the Workplace.
- Improve Communication by combining communication skills with End User Computing skills.
- Improve the application of mathematical literacy in the workplace, by better utilising End User Computing Applications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of Information Communications & Technology (ICT) in an organisation & the impact it has on societies.
- In addition to the above, unit standards will be utilised to provide depth of specification of the outcomes ranges and the assessment criteria and processes.
You will complete the following courses for this qualification:
- Communication Literacy
- Mathematical Literacy
- Word Processing
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Excel Database
- Electronic Messaging
- Word Wide Web Processing
- Customer Service and Marketing
You will require the following to complete this course.
- Stable Internet Connection
- Printer and Scanner
- Minimum of 3 hours per week for studying
- A quiet place where you can study
Grade 10 or NQF Level 2 or equivalent
learners already employed or new learners entering the workplace, requiring End User Computing skills.