This qualification is intended for junior managers of small organisations, junior managers of business units in medium and large organisations, or those aspiring to these positions. Junior managers include team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads.
The focus of this qualification has been designed to enable learners to be competent in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values including:
- Gathering and analysing information.
- Analysing events that impact on a business and its competitive environment.
- Complying with organisational standards.
- Motivating an individual or team.
- Negotiating in a work situation.
- Understanding the role of business strategy as it applies to junior management.
- Managing the budget within a specific area of responsibility.
- Applying management principles and practices within a specific area of responsibility.
- Managing work unit performance to achieve goals.
- Behaving ethically and promoting ethical behaviour in a work situation.
- Demonstrating understanding of the consequences in a work unit of HIV/AIDS.
The learners who achieve this qualification will be able to demonstrate competencies in management relating to Planning, Organising, Leading, Controlling and Ethics. Overall, this qualification will ensure that learners are capable of:
- Developing plans to achieve defined objectives.
- Organising resources in accordance with a developed plan.
- Leading a team to work co-operatively to achieve objectives.
- Monitoring performance to ensure compliance to a plan.
- Making decisions based on a code of ethics.
The following courses are covered in this qualification:
- Communication Literacy
- Mathematical Literacy
- Organisational Behaviour
- Leadership Management
- Team Management
- Team Development
A qualified learner will be able to:
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit.
- Lead and manage a team of first line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness.
- Build relationships with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain.
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks.
- Enhance the development of teams and team members.
To enter this qualification you will require the following:
- Stable Internet Connection
- Printer and Scanner
- Minimum of 3 hours per week for studying
- A quiet place where you can study
- NQF Level 3 with Mathematical Literacy and Communication.
- Grade 11 / N2
- Team Leaders
- Section Heads
- Supervisors and Foremen
- First Line and Junior Managers
- HR Managers
- Administrative Managers
- Project Managers