This is a basic introduction course to computers and will provide you with a basic understanding of what a computer is, what a computer consists of, how it works and how to operate a personal computer.
This course also includes keyboarding skills – allowing you to practice typing effectively and accurately using a computer.
Once you have completed this qualification you will be able to:
- Describe the concepts of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and the use of its components in a healthy and safe manner
- Install a Personal Computer (PC)
- Develop and use keyboard skills to enter text
- Operate a personal computer system
- Use generic functions in a Graphical User Interface (GUI)-environment