This qualification provides learners with the range of learning and skills required to be able to perform a series of activities to support manufacturing, engineering, and technology processes. Learners will acquire a range of skills in the identification of production parameters in manufacturing, engineering, and technology industries and basic strategies to achieve them.
The purpose of this Qualification is to develop learners who, after completion, demonstrate the ability to:
- Communicate production and manufacturing-related operational information to a variety of end-users.
- Optimize organisational structures, functions and processes in order to contribute to achieving production specifications
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment through contributions made to production activities individually and in working groups
- Demonstrate an understanding of production technology practices, terminology, and systems as applied in manufacturing, engineering, and technology
- Apply quality standards and procedures in production activities
Entry Level Requirements
- Communication at NQF Level 1
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1
Qualification Title: National Certificate: Production Technology
SAQA Qualification ID: 58781
Minimum Credits: 125
NQF Level: 2
Notional Hours: 1250
Duration: 12 Months