purpose of the qualification is to build the knowledge and skills required by
employees in junior management who have had schooling below NQF level 3. It is
intended to empower learners to acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes and values
required to operate confidently as junior managers in the South African
community and to respond to the challenges of the economic environment and
changing world of work.
As a qualification that covers management, it provides a framework for learners to develop competencies that will enable them to become competent junior managers. It introduces some theoretical concepts, requires the application of a limited base of knowledge and requires a well-developed range of skills that will enable learners to be informed workers in their chosen industry. It provides a balanced learning experience that allows flexible access to further education, life long learning, higher education and to productive employment in a range of occupational contexts. It provides an opportunity for learners to learn and apply academic skills in relation to management and will provide them with skills to adapt to changes in work procedures and processes in business and industry.
The National Certificate in Management: Level 3 is intended for personnel already employed and other learners who intend to follow a career in management. The unit standards classified as core may be added to other industry qualifications to provide a management focus and align qualifications to the work done by learners. Practical competence is within a number of contexts some of which may be non-routine. The focus is on comparison, choice, interpretation and application of knowledge.
- Carrying out simple research tasks.
- Interpreting current affairs related to a specific business sector.
- Recognising the effect of HIV/AIDS on the specific workplace, business sub-sector and own organisation.
- Applying knowledge of self and team to enhance team performance.
- Maintaining records.
- Managing time and the work process.
- Explaining the structure of an organisation.
- Conducting a formal meeting.
- Inducting a new member of a team.
- Motivating a team.
- Describing the management function of an organisation.
|Qual ID: 83946 LP 83986|
|NQF Level: 3|