The purpose of the qualification is to build the knowledge and skills required by employees in junior management personnel. It is intended to empower learners to acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to operate confidently as junior managers in the South African community and to respond to the challenges of the economic environment and changing world of work.
Moreover, it provides a framework for learners to develop competencies that will enable them to become competent junior managers. It also introduces you some theoretical concepts, requires the application of a limited base of knowledge and requires a well-developed range of skills that will enable learners to be informed workers in their chosen industry. Lastly, It provides a balanced learning experience that allows flexible access to further education, life long learning, higher education and to productive employment in a range of occupational contexts. It provides an opportunity for learners to learn and apply academic skills in relation to management and will provide them with skills to adapt to changes in work procedures and processes in business and industry.
- Carrying out simple research tasks.
- Interpreting current affairs related to a specific business sector.
- Recognising the effect of HIV/AIDS on the specific workplace, business sub-sector and own organisation.
- Applying knowledge of self and team to enhance team performance.
- Maintaining records.
- Managing time and the work process.
- Explaining the structure of an organisation.
- Conducting a formal meeting.
- Inducting a new member of a team.
- Motivating a team.
- Describing the management function of an organisation.
|Qual ID: 83946 LP 23654
|NQF Level: 3
|SETA: Services Seta