This qualification is for those who want to build on a FETC in any field to enter the field of ODETD as a potential career, and have little or no previous exposure to ETD. The qualification will also be valuable for those who may have been practising within the field, but without formal recognition.
Also, this qualification will meet the need of those who wish to progress beyond the FETC ODETD, or who wish to enter the field of ETD for the first time. The certificate will also help to increase the employment prospects of ETD practitioners, while helping to ensure quality and competence within the ETD field.
Furthermore, this qualification will provide a means to recognise ODETD practise at level 5 across five key ETD roles in a generalist capacity, with particular application possible in at least one role. Practitioners who wish to extend the skills in ETD to cover further ETD roles should select the Diploma ODETD, Level 5
Exit level outcomes
- Communicate in a variety of ETD settings.
- Design and develop learning programmes and processes.
- Facilitate and evaluate learning.
- Engage in and promote assessment practices.
- Provide learning support to learners and organisations.
- Conduct skills development facilitation.
Minimum Credits: 120
NQF Level: 5