This qualification provide access to a recognised educator qualification at Level 6 for ECD educators who have a Level 4 or Level 5 certificate in ECD, providing a bridge between non-formal and formal learning programmes. It is designed to enable educators/ learners to plan and implement a learning programme which is based on their knowledge of child development from birth to nine years and which helps children in a specific phase work towards achieving the learning outcomes of the national school curriculum (where appropriate), also to improve community-based ECD services for young children by raising the level of ECD teaching competence and/or by providing opportunities for training in support and leadership roles.
- Mediate active learning in an integrated and holistic learning programme.
- Facilitate learning and development of children with barriers to learning and other special needs, including those coping with abuse and violence, within an inclusive anti-bias approach.
- Promote the safety and healthy development of each child.
- Work with colleagues, families and community systems to develop each child`s potential as fully as possible.
- Manage a well-planned and organised learning programme to meet the needs of individual children within the framework of the national school curriculum (where appropriate).
- Select and use appropriate methods and procedures for assessing children`s progress and reporting on this to parents.
- Promote the development of high quality ECD programmes and services.
- Communicate effectively for the purposes of academic study and professional practice.
Minimum credits: 240