This qualification intends to empower learners to acquire the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to operate confidently as individuals in South African communities and to respond to the challenging economic environment and constantly changing world of work. Moreover, this qualification is aimed at improving the effectiveness and leadership abilities of middle managers in various occupations in South Africa, in private and public business entities as well as non-governmental organisations. For this reason, the word 'entity' includes a company, business unit, public institution, small business or non-profit organisation. Thus, It is designed specifically to develop management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who manage first line managers.
- Initiate, develop, implement and evaluate operational strategies, projects and action plans so as to improve the effectiveness of the unit.
- Monitor and measure performance and apply continuous or innovative improvement interventions in the unit.
- Lead and manage a team of first line managers to enhance individual, team and unit effectiveness.
- Build relationships with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain.
- Apply the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks.
- Enhance the development of teams and team members.
- Grade 12
- NQF 4
Who will Benefit from this Qualification:
- Team Leaders
- Section Heads