This qualification provides learners with a comprehensive base of portable skills that will enable them to progress within all spheres of the horticultural industry. This qualification forms an integral step in the career paths of the various disciplines in ornamental horticulture and follows on from the NQF Level 1 Certificate. The qualification includes the skills necessary to safely use various chemicals, including fuels, fertilisers, pest control agents, accordingly, the principles of health and safety are embedded in all the learning aspects of the qualification.
- Identify the major soil types and their uses in plant propagation and landscaping.
- Utilise manual irrigation systems to provide the correct application of water to plants.
- Produce ornamental plants from stem cuttings.
- Apply pest control practices in plant production and landscaping.
- Utilise the principles and practices of providing plant care and nutrition for ornamental plants and landscapes.
- Recognition of common ornamental plants and their uses.
|Qual ID: 66589|
|NQF Level: 2|