This qualification provides learners with a firm foundation of portable skills with which to enter the horticultural industry in its broadest sense, or if already employed in the industry, be able to look forward to a career path in any sector of the industry. The qualification embodies the principle of portability and forms the base for any future learning. Accordingly, this will facilitate the employment of learners within the industry.
A Learner achieving this qualification will be able to work effectively and productively within the field of horticulture knowing:
- The basic differences between the various plants.
- How plants are categorized.
- How to prepare the soil for planting.
- How to grow, handle and care for plants.
- How to apply water to planted areas correctly.
|Qual ID: 49668|
|NQF Level: 1|