Understanding how the virus spreads?
The COVID-19 virus primarily spreads when one person breathes in droplets that are produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. In addition, any infected person, with or without symptoms, could spread the virus by touching a surface. The coronavirus could remain on that surface and someone else could touch it and then touch their mouth, nose or eyes. That’s why it’s so important to try to avoid touching public surfaces or at least to wipe them with a disinfectant.
Social distancing refers to actions taken to stop or slow down the spread of a contagious disease. For an individual, it refers to maintaining enough distance (6 feet or more) between yourself and another person to avoid getting infected or infecting someone else.
Seeing as we know how the disease spreads, we will be implementing measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of others.
We wish to ensure the health and safety of our students before anything else. Therefore we have opted to provide the following services to our clients:
- Any person who traveled internationally or has been in contact with anyone who has traveled internationally in the past month should provide proof of screening by a registered medical doctor or institution before they will be allowed into a learning space.
- Persons who show symptoms of flu such as fever, general cold symptoms or coughing shall be asked not to attend any classes at that point.
- Hand Sanitizers will be available at each class session and each student will be requested to use these hand sanitizers when entering and leaving the classroom session. All tables will be wiped down with disinfectant before and after class periods.
- POE Submissions – will be handled with care – all documents will be placed in a paper box and sealed by the facilitator.
- Facilitators, Assessors and Document Controllers will be asked to use surgical gloves to handle documents received.
- All hands and surfaces must be sanitized before you leave the office or learning spaces.
- Facilitators are requested not to touch any student for any reason at all.
- Facilitators are requested to stand at least 6 feet away from any other individual in class when presenting
- We will be working overtime to get all of our courses online so that those who do miss our training sessions will be able to log on and complete our courses online, where applicable.
- Please make sure to provide us the names of those who prefer to do their training online so that we can prioritize these courses.
- Classes will also be held via the Zoom platform, where possible.
- All classes will continue on dates as provided as per training plans, where applicable as per the above notes.
- Please be careful not to fall for the false news that is currently circulating on social media. Follow the Department of Health’s Twitter to keep up to date with the spread and news of the virus. https://twitter.com/HealthZA
If you are not sure if you came into contact with the Corona Virus and feel that you should undergo testing – please contact the Corona Virus (COVID-19) 24 Hour Hotline Number at 0800 029 999