R638-2018- New Food Hygiene and Safety Regulation
R638-Food Hygiene and safety Regulatory
By completing this course you will be able understand and apply the regulations as set out in the Foodstuffs, Cosmetics and Disinfectants Act (54/1972): Regulations governing general hygiene requirements for food premises, the transport of food and related matters.
After you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the purpose and primary objectives, application and interpretation of the R638
- Understand the requirements of receiving your “certificate of acceptability” as an establishment that prepares and sells food to consumers.
- Understand and apply your duties as a food handler.
- Understand the requirements of equipment, storage and facilities of an establishment that prepares and sells food to consumer.
- Understand and apply the hygiene requirements that must be adhered to as set out in the regulation.
This course is not SAQA Aligned as no such Unit Standard Exists
Entry Level Requirements
There are no entry level requirements for this course.