Principles of Knowledge Management
Knowledge Management is the systematic management of an organization’s knowledge assets for the purpose of creating value and meeting tactical & strategic requirements; it consists of the initiatives, processes, strategies, and systems that sustain and enhance the storage, assessment, sharing, refinement, and creation of knowledge.
This course is intended for managers in all economic sectors. These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
Once you have completed this course you will be specifically be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concepts and components of knowledge management.
- Analyse a unit according the entity’s knowledge management policies and procedures.
- Develop a knowledge management implementation plan for a unit.
- Implement action plans.
- Review action plans
Unit Standard ID: 252044
Unit Standard Title: Apply the principles of knowledge management
NQF Level: 5
SAQA Outline – Click Here
Entry Level Requirements
In order for you to enter this course the following learning should be in place:
- Mathematical literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Communication at NQF Level 4.
- Computer Literacy NQF 4
- Grade 12