This course explores the role of team leader as an
introduction to management within an organisation. It is intended for managers
of small businesses and junior managers of business units in larger
organisations. The term business unit in this unit standard implies a small
business, cost center, section or department.
Junior managers include, but are not limited to team
leaders, supervisors, first line managers and section heads. The position is
term is used to describe the first level of management in an organisation at
which an employee has other employees reporting to him/her.
- Explaining the role of team leader.
- Explaining the intended purpose of a specific team.
- Contracting with a team or group to obtain buy in.
- Monitoring the achievement of group goals or objectives.
Entry Level Requirements
- Communication at NQF Level 2.