his is an entry-level Qualification for those who want to enter the field of Education, Training and Development, specifically within the sub-field of Early Childhood Development (ECD). Many of those who will seek this Qualification are already practising within the field, but without formal recognition. This Qualification will enable recipients of this Qualification to facilitate the all-round development of young children in a manner that is sensitive to culture and individual needs (including special needs), and enable them to provide quality early childhood development services for children in a variety of contexts, including community-based services, ECD centres, at home and in institutions. In particular, recipients of this qualification will be able to:
- Plan and prepare for Early Childhood Development.
- Facilitate and monitor the development of babies, toddlers and young children.
- Provide care and support to babies, toddlers and young children.
Practitioners will generally carry out their role under supervision and with the support of designed programmes.
This Qualification will provide a means for formal recognition of those who are already practising in the field, but without qualifications, as well as for those who wish to enter the field. This qualification will also provide a basis for further professional development in the higher education and training band for many experienced practitioners in the field who have had limited or difficult access to further career development opportunities.
The following courses are covered in this qualification:
- Communication Literacy
- English Literacy
- Second Language Literacy
- Mathematical Literacy
- Basic Child Development
- Basic Child Care
- Facilitate ECD Programmes
- Work as a Team
To enter this qualification you will require the following:
- Stable Internet Connection
- Printer and Scanner
- Minimum of 3 hours per week for studying
- A quiet place where you can study
- Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 3 or equivalent.
- Second language at NQF level 2 or equivalent.
You will complete the following assessments throughout your study:
- Online Quiz (Knowledge Questions)
- Ice Tasks (Formative Assessment)
- Assignments (Summative Assessment)
- Examination (Final Integrative Summative Assessment)