The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners, education and training providers and employers with the standards and the range of learning required to work effectively within various industries, making use of electrical engineering knowledge and skills to meet the challenges of such an environment.
Qualifying learners will also be able to relate their learning to scientific and technological principles and concepts. They will also be able to maintain and support the various policies and procedures related to the safety, health, environment and quality systems that govern their workplace. This qualification will enable the learner to find employment as a skilled worker or become self employed as a single phase worker in the electrical field.
- Install and commission electrical equipment in integrated circuits.
- Demonstrate the ability to test, fault find, maintain and repair electrical equipment and installations in integrated circuits.
- Demonstrate operational knowledge of mathematical, technological and theoretical concepts during the execution of tasks with an ability to read, interpret technical drawings, sketch electrical/electronic wiring diagrams and construct basic electronic circuits.
- Apply safety procedures as embedded in each unit standard.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather and interpret information from a range of sources and apply solutions to familiar problems related to working in the electrical engineering field with some scope for personal decision-making and responsibility.
- Stable Internet Connection
- Printer and Scanner
- Minimum of 3 hours per week for studying
- A quiet place where you can study
- Language and Maths at NQF Level 2.
- Introductory concepts of Science and Technology related to electrical engineering, materials and tools used in installation processes.
- An ability to install designated electrical equipment and circuits.
- Occupational health, safety and environmental practices within the electrical environment.
- An understanding of procedures related to workplace relationships, roles and responsibilities.
- Domestic Appliance Repair.