The purpose of the Qualification is to develop the appropriate skills and knowledge required by a person for the establishment and development of a small to medium business venture, and address the economic, administrative and behavioural (psycho-social) barriers that contribute to success in starting and sustaining the venture.
This qualification is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture. Learners attempting this qualification will be equipped with a variety of technical, business managerial and personal skills and strategies to help them succeed in the creation and sustenance of a business. The successful learner will develop a sound foundation for the application of these skills and knowledge to explore a diverse range of entrepreneurial opportunities.
The following courses are covered in this qualification:
- Communication Literacy
- Mathematical Literacy
- Fundamentals - Communication English
- Start and Run a New Venture
- HR Management
- Management of a New Venture
- Manage Finance of a New Venture
The qualifying learner will be able to:Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within an market economy.
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership and management.
To enter this qualification you will require the following:
- NQF Level 3 with Mathematical Literacy and Communication.
- Grade 11 / N2.
- Computer and Internet
- Stable Internet Connection
- Printer and Scanner
- Minimum of 3 hours per week for studying
- A quiet place where you can study
- Business Managers
- Business Owners