This qualification is intended for junior managers of small organisations, junior managers of business units in medium and large organisations, or those aspiring to these positions. Junior managers include team leaders, supervisors, foremen and section heads.
This qualification lays the foundation for the development of management qualifications across various sectors and industries. It specifically develops management competencies required by learners in any occupation, particularly those who are currently operating as junior managers. The qualification introduces key terms, rules, concepts, principles and practices of management that will enable learners to be informed managers in any occupation. It has also been developed to enable managers or prospective managers to access higher education and provide flexible access to life-long learning.
The scope of management covers four domains: leadership, self-management, people management and management practices. This qualification addresses each of these domains with generic competencies, thereby enabling learning programmes to be contextualised for specific sectors and industries. Provides opportunities for people to transfer between various specialisations within management. This will therefore enable management competencies to be strengthened, and enable managers to better manage systems, processes, resources, self, teams and individuals in various occupations. It is intended to empower learners to acquire knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to operate confidently as individuals in the South African community and to respond to the challenges of the economic environment and changing world of work. Ultimately, this qualification is aimed at improving the productivity and efficiency of managers within all occupations in South Africa.
The following courses are covered in this qualification:
- Communication Literacy - English (20 Credits)
- Communication Literacy - Afrikaans (20 credits)
- Mathematical Literacy (16 Credits)
- Leadership Skills- Intermediate (28 Credits)
- Supervisory Skills - Intermediate (27 Credits)
- Organisational Behaviour - Intermediate (17 Credits)
- Team Development Skills - Intermediate (6 Credits)
- Business Administration (25 Credits)
To enter this qualification you will require the following:
- Grade 11
- NQF 3 Qualification or Equivalent
- Stable Internet Connection
- Printer and Scanner
- Minimum of 3 hours per week for studying
- A quiet place where you can study
You will complete the following assessments throughout your study:
- Online Quiz (Knowledge Questions)
- Ice Tasks (Formative Assessment)
- Assignments (Summative Assessment)
- Examination (Final Integrative Summative Assessment)