The National Diploma in Labour Relations Practice: Dispute Resolution is part of a learning pathway in Labour Relations.
With the advent of democratic government in South Africa in 1994 an entirely new approach to Labour Relations Practice (LRP) in South Africa has emerged. There has been the establishment of new statutory structures with implications for every level of labour relations in the country.
The Qualification is designed to meet the needs of the learners who are already employed and involved in the fields of Labour Relations and/or Labour Law. Additionally, it will also meet the needs and aspirations of the unemployed who wish to pursue a career in Labour Relations and associated fields.
The qualification addresses the needs of adult learners who want to enter the sector or develop their careers in one or more of the related sub-fields. This qualification would also be relevant to many Human Resources (HR) practitioners. Since the Diploma is part of a learning pathway, it will allow mobility to persons operating at any level in this field.
The qualification provides learners with specific learning and skills related to disputes and breaches as regulated by Labour Law. It will deepen their understanding of the South African Labour Relations field and will underpin their ability to use this learning in various organisational environments. The development of competence in this field will lead to better service delivery, institutional longevity, the promotion of wealth and job creation. Application of the learning achieved in completing this qualification will also assist affected employed and unemployed persons to enforce their labour rights, while at the same time enabling them to become aware of their obligations as active participants in society and the economy.
This Diploma is designed to enable individuals to develop theoretical competencies and practical skills to operate effectively in the field because knowledge of the application of labour legislation is a business imperative and necessary for the strategic and operational success of any organisation.
The following courses will be covered in this qualification:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Legal Framework of South Africa - Law
- Labour Relations Statutes
- Labour Dispute and Mediation Management
- Statutory Considerations Within Labour Disputes
- Fundamentals of Litigation
- Conciliations and Arbitrations
- Awards and Internal CCMA Processes
On achieving this qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Communicate effectively
- Understand the legal framework of South Africa as well as the Labour Statutes.
- Facilitate labour disputes and mediation
- Apply the fundamentals of litigation
- Manage the conciliation and arbitration process
To enter this qualification you will require the following:
- Grade 12
- NQF 4 Qualification or Equivalent
- NQF 5 National Certificate: Labour Relations Practice
- Stable Internet Connection
- Printer and Scanner
- Minimum of 3 hours per week for studying
- A quiet place where you can study
- HR Practitioners.
- Senior managers in the Bargaining Councils.
- Department of Labour officers.
- Labour brokers.
- Arbitration facilitators.
- Union officials.
- (CCMA) Panellists and Commissioners.
- Public and/or private agents providing labour law advice.
- Industrial Relations consultants
- Dispute Resolution managers
- Law Practitioners